Refill Bar of Maca & Rosemary Shampoo - Three Hills Soap
A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
Thanks to the balanced pH of 5- 5.5, this solid shampoo does not need an acid rinse and won’t have a transition phase! An acid pH of 4.5 to 5.5 is essential to prevent excessive dryness and hair damage during cleansing. Acid-balanced shampoos help close the hair cuticle and are recommended for hair that has been colour treated or lightened. Thanks to this pH, the shampoo reacts the same regardless of the hardness of your water.
Our concentrated solid shampoo for hair growth with powdered Maca root is designated for all hair types, especially for excessive hair loss. It is gently fragranced with Rosemary, Peppermint and a hint of Sweet Orange essential oils to refresh your hair and scalp, offering a fresh, minty, camphor-like aroma when taking a shower. Popular among men and women. Maca root is known as the sacred plant of the Inca for its reconditioning and regenerative benefits. It stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss by improving the strength of hair roots.
Take our solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. They last for months, and as they are so small, they save you so much money and space and are earth-friendly, requiring minimal packaging. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo eliminates wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. Not a gimmick, this rich, solid shampoo for hair growth effectively cleanses and moisturises to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It’s easy to use, its shape fits right into your palm, and it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to processed hair
- It’s gentle on your hair and scalp
- It promotes healthy and shiny hair
These shampoos are economical as each bar keeps working, lasting much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz), representing 45 – 50 washes; of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
A solid shampoo is gentler for your hair and scalp. It does not contain propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent made from the natural fatty acids that occur in coconut oil and effectively removes dirt and grease from the hair and scalp, resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. We use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent suitable for use in soft and hard water.
Another ingredient in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSA). This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin, preventing it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing, in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it cannot penetrate the skin membrane.
There are both of 100% natural origin.
- Coconut Oil contributes to better hair quality by delivering shine, softness and power to damaged hair.
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny.
- Wheat Protein can impart hair-repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair.
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil, and it prevents the drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water.
- Maca Powder provides nutrients (proteins, copper, calcium, zinc, and iron) to support healthy hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Bentonite Clay adds moisture and removes toxins.
- Rosemary Essential Oil increases cellular metabolism that stimulates hair growth.
- Peppermint Essential Oil can help stimulate hair growth because it increases blood circulation around the scalp.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help to renew and repair the scalp and improve hair growth.
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice, depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in a soap dish.
Packaging: Paper bag
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g
Ingredients: SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, AQUA, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, PANTHENOL, LEPIDIUM MEYENII ROOT POWDER, BENTONITE, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (rosemary) LEAF OIL, MENTHA PIPERITA (peppermint) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (sweet orange) PEEL OIL, Naturally Occurring In Essential Oils (Citral, D-Limonene, Limonene, Linalool)